Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tylenol PM

For spring break I found myself in Chicago Illinois. After doing some site seeing I was walking around the downtown loop and spotted a huge black tent. I crossed the street to find out what was going on and found myself in a launch for Tylenol PM. Outside of the tent were several volunteers handing out samples of Tylenol PM and inviting people into the tent. Inside was a serene bedroom setting with a screen with tips projected on how to have a better nights sleep. Upon leaving the tent you were provided with a booklet of 40 tips to a better nights sleep.

Although the inside of the tent was boring it defiantly got passerby interested. Tylenol PM seemed to be competing with products such as NyQuil and putting on a show to generate word of mouth. By providing people with samples the next time they are having trouble sleeping they will likely test the product after remembering the interesting marketing technique. I think they could have generated more traffic if there was an extension of the tent where people could participate in the campaign maybe receiving free massages, or simple spa treatments.

No comments: